Vietnamese Visa Exemption.
Nationals of certain countries may visit Vietnam without visa for a period of time, hereunder is the list of countries and regions that have Visa Waiver arrangements with Vietnam.
- British National Overseas (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for the 15-day free visa exemption. Hence, it is required to apply for a visa to visit Vietnam.
- Foreign passports are exempt from visa requirements to Phu Quoc island for no longer than 30 days. If they transit through other international airports in Vietnam before arriving Phu Quoc, they are still eligible for the exemption. But after visit Phuquoc island and return back via mainland in Ho Chi Minh city, Ha noi city, Danang .... visa may required. If flight back direct from Phuquoc island, visa may not required.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with valid passports are exempt from Vietnam visa requirements for stay of no longer than 60 days.
01 January 2019, regular passport holders from 24 countries below do not need a tourist visa for Vietnam:
|Countries||Passport Required||MAXIMUM STAY|
|Chile||Yes||less than 90 days|
|Cambodia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Kyrgyzstan||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Laos||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Singapore||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Thailand||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Philippines||Yes||less than 21 days|
|Brunei||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Belarus||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Denmark||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Finland||Yes||less than 15 days|
|France||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Germany||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Italy||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Japan||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Norway||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Russia||Yes||less than 15 days|
|South Korea||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Spain||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Sweden||Yes||less than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||Yes||less than 15 days|
* The above is provided for informational purposes only, please double check with the official authorities in your country before you go. ( Passport must valid for more than 6 months from the date of travel- If your passport valid less then 6 months, make sure that you must have valid visa before trip or visa approval letter)
* You won't need a visa to stay in Vietnam for those nationals mentioned above. A gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits is required. If you apply for a valid evisa or visa approval letter from us, you are allow to enter by anytimes.
and if you are staying in Vietnam more then the exemption visa program, to avoid any fee for Vietnam visa extension when you deciding to stay longer, please apply visa on arrival or electronic visa (evisa) now.
Vietnam eVisa | Vietnam visa on arrival | Vietnam Immigration | Vietnam Visa Extension | Urgent Vietnam visa | Vietnam Visa online